Reality to Virtualism - why I think it's bad?

12:03 AM

I have nothing against technology, in fact I am one among the tech lovers. But I think these days its getting way to much blurring the lines between the real and the virtual world. To analyse what happens when we enter into a virtual world, I started playing the game Yoville and Happy aquarium in Facebook. I wanted to find out why was that so addictive. So, Starting with Yoville first, to explain to people who don't know about it, its like a virtual game that you play through your Facebook account and you get to make so called 'Friends' and what is far more exciting you have different places like beach,restaurant, coffee place, Hair salon's and what not. Don't get way too excited, there are many more things in this . So, Out of curiosity did make an account, but my motive was to find out how it gets addictive in a few days.



First few weeks it was all about making friends, did make some, oh! Just forgot, you even get your own house, I mean you can build houses with lavishing swimming pools, backyard, frontyard, buy and sell things, yard sale, get invited for a house party, have a fashion pagent - like Woah, yes! It's sure addictive, but why? That's when I got the answer Virtual worlds can just gobble up you from the real world. This really makes me think why do people really have to do this? For money? Is it really worth it, is the question that pops up in my mind every time. Once we created this whole new world we call technology, which is now an integral part in every aspect.

Another thing I noticed with my little investigation is that, people were forgetting the fact that they are in a virtual world, talking about real life scenario's, it was like a mirage, which they never noticed. In my knowledge it's high time people move away a little bit from the technology in certain circumstances like these. The worst part you buy coins with your own hard earned money, and it's sad that people do it too with heights of addiction. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments