Quilling - New Hobby

6:55 AM

After a long time got time to sit down to do a post, what better way to celebrate it than by talking about my new hobby Quilling. Making something look nice is where I spend a lot my time. Colorful and creative are the keywords in my dictionary. Quilling is a artform that requires paper strips that hold back the way you shape it. These strips are available in the market in every color you can imagine. 

These are also available in different shapes. I started making earrings with this quilling method. But now more than just making a jewellery I have been into creating beautiful greeting cards completely hand-made. Designing has always been a go to option for me for recreation and some quality time. Some facts I like about this art is that it allows me expand my horizons as it involves a lot of creative thinking. I started with a couple of basic tools like plier, cutter, strips, glue and hooks. How this art made it all the way is another interesting aspect. It all started during the Renaissance, French and Italian nuns and monks who used quilling method to decorate book covers and religious items. I have also added a few pictures of the jewellery I made along with this post.

Bottom-like: Whatever makes you smile, keep it! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments